Welcome to the Digital Capabilities Effective Practice Hub
Our vision for the Hub is to provide an easy access ‘go to’ resource for staff. Here, you will find useful resources and contacts to support your digital capabilities and those of your students.
To this end, we are working towards providing resources to support the following:
Creating a shared understanding around digital capabilities
For an introduction to digital capabilities, we suggest you start by reviewing What are digital capabilities and why are they important?
Facilitating connections with colleagues who have expertise and experience to share
Useful contacts can be found in Who can I connect with? Resources supporting digital capabilities as well as case studies from colleagues sharing their experiences and lessons learned will continue to be added to What have other people done? We’d love to hear from you if you are happy to be contacted about your expertise or have a case study you would like to share, please get in touch.
Enabling support for digital capabilities to be integrated into new and existing curricula
How can I embed digital capabilities in the curriculum? Outlines step-by-step approaches and resources that can be adapted to your context to support opportunities for students to develop and enhance their digital capabilities within their Programmes of study.
Continuing the conversation and signposting further learning opportunities
In Where can I get inspired and find out more? You will find blog posts sharing our thoughts about different aspects of digital capabilities, as well as links to workshops and other staff development opportunities.
Underlying principles of Digital Capabilities
Six principles guide the design and use of digital capabilities to ensure a positive student experience and effective learning:
- Support for digital capabilities is coherent and aligned to Programme level and course unit ILOs
- Digital capabilities workloads are appropriate and reasonable
- Use of digital capabilities is appropriate to and facilitates academic and intellectual progression
- Digital capabilities are spread across a programme to avoid overload for both students and staff
- Our staff and students will be supported to develop their digitally capabilities
- We work with students as partners to co-review and co-develop support for digital capabilities